- 125ml - canned pie apple slices, pulped
- - pinch of salt
- 30ml - coconut oil
- 80ml - sugar
- 4 - squares vegan dark chocolate
- 2,5ml - cream of tartar
- 2,5ml - vanilla essence
- 2,5ml - baking powder
- 130ml - cake flour
- 125ml - almond milk
- 250ml - icing sugar
- 60ml - cocoa powder
- - liquid (aquafaba) of 1 can (400g) chickpeas
- 5ml - vinegar or lemon juice
- 60ml - vegan dark chocolate, melted
Try out these delicious chocolate meringue puddings for a yummy sweet treat.
Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease 5 ramekins with nonstick spray and dust with cocoa powder.
1. In a bowl, mix the almond milk with the vinegar or lemon juice and leave to stand for 2 minutes.
2. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla essence and apple pulp and beat well.
3. Sift the cocoa powder, baking powder, cake flour and salt over. Mix well.
4. Mix in the melted chocolate.
5. Spoon dollops of the batter into the prepared ramekins and put a chocolate square in each. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the puddings start pulling away from the sides of the ramekins. They should have a dense, moist texture in the middle but shouldn’t be raw. Turn out and leave to cool.Topping6. Beat the aquafaba for 5-6 minutes with an electric beater at high speed until it’s doubled in volume.7. Add the cream of tartar and beat for 1 minute.8. Add the icing sugar a spoonful at a time, beating on a low setting until all the icing sugar has been added. Beat for another 15 minutes on high speed or until the mixture is thick, white and shiny and starts forming stiff peaks.9. Spoon the topping on the puddings and brown slightly using a blowtorch, or return the puddings to the oven until the topping has browned slightly.