- 3 - cloves
- 15g - sugar
- - CHURROS
- 2 - eggs oil for deepfrying cinnamon sugar
- 100g - butter
- 5ml - salt
- 1 - chipotle chilli
- 200ml - milk
- 100g - dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250ml - water
- 2 - cinnamon sticks
- 150g - cake flour
- - SPICED CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 15ml - polenta
- 3 - cardamom pods
These yummy churros are served with a warm chocolate sauce.
1. Boil the water with the butter. Sift the flour and add to the boiling mixture, while stirring, until it forms a dough. Cool for 5 minutes.
2. Whisk in the salt, sugar and eggs. Transfer the dough to a piping bag with a star nozzle.
3. Heat enough oil for deep-frying in a saucepan. Pipe 10-cm lengths of dough into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
4 Dust with cinnamon sugar and serve with spiced chocolate sauce.
Spiced chocolate sauce
MAKES 250 ml (1 c) Preparation: 10 min Standing: 15 min Cooking: 10 min
1. Bring the milk to the boil with the polenta, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and chilli, then leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
2. Strain and add the chocolate to the milk while heating until the chocolate melts.
3. Cool to room temperature and serve with the churros.