- - tomato salsa
- 2-3 - chicken breast fillets
- 60ml - flour
- - plain double-cream yoghurt
- - more fresh coriander
- 1 - onion, peeled
- 2 - eggs, whisked
- 15ml - olive oil
- 30ml - Cajun spice mix
- 30ml - olive oil
- - kernels of 2 cooked mealies
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- - juice of 1 lemon
- 15ml - butter
- - handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 - medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease an ovenproof pan well with nonstick spray and keep handy. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
1. Grate the sweet potatoes and onion into a mixing bowl. Add the coriander, eggs and flour and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the butter and half the olive oil to the ovenproof pan and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the rosti mixture to the pan. Spread out evenly and drizzle the rest of the olive oil over.
3. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the sweet potato mixture is cooked through and crispy on the bottom and around the edges.
4. Put the chicken, lemon juice and spice mix in a bowl and mix well. Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and drizzle the oil over.
5. Turn the oven temperature up to 200°C and roast the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until done.
6. Slice the rosti into servings. Shred the chicken into largish pieces. Serve the rosti with the chicken, yoghurt, salsa, mealies and coriander.