- 100g - almond flakes
- - whipped cream or full-cream yoghurt and extra cinnamon sugar to serve
- - cinnamon sugar
- - water
- - melted butter for greasing
- 10ml - lemon juice
- 2 - Pink Lady apples, cored but not peeled
- 4 - sheets phyllo pastry
Not only pretty but delicious and easy to make.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease 8 medium muffin tin hollows with butter or nonstick spray.
1. Add the lemon juice to water in a microwaveable dish. Microwave the apple slices in the lemon water for 5 minutes or until just soft. Drain.
2. Brush a sheet of phyllo pastry with butter and place another sheet on top. Fold in half and cut along the fold to give you two equal strips.
3. Place a strip of double-layer phyllo pastry on a flat surface. Brush both sides with melted butter.
4. Arrange apple slices evenly at one end of a strip of pastry The other half of the pastry strip should extend beyond the filling.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and almond flakes over the pastry and apple slices.
6. Fold the extending pastry over the apple slices so the narrow edges line up.
7. Roll up and transfer to a muffin tin hollow.
8. Repeat with the remaining pastry and apple slices.
9. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and done.
10. Serve with whipped cream or yoghurt and an extra sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.