- 2 - sheets of nori (dried seaweed), cut into 4cm squares
- 90ml - ponzu sauce (Japanese citrus-based sauce)
- 200g - tuna, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 30g - edamame beans
- - pickled ginger and/or wasabi (optional)
- 12 - cucumber strips, thinly sliced (almost like ribbons)
- 2 - radishes, thinly sliced
- - TO SERVE
- 1/2ml - sesame oil
- 10g - sesame seeds
- 1 - leaf red cabbage, finely shredded
- - oil, for shallow- frying
- 50ml - soy sauce
- 5g - chives, finely chopped
- 500ml - cooked sushi rice
1 Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear the tuna in the pan – it must be cooked medium.
2 Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the tuna to a bowl. Sprinkle sesame seeds over and drizzle soy sauce over.
3 Add the sushi rice to a serving bowl.
4 Use the cucumber ribbons, nori, radishes, red cabbage and edamame beans to build a rainbow (half-moon).
5 Add the tuna. Mix the sesame oil, ponzu and chives and drizzle over the poke bowl.
6 To serve Serve with pickled ginger and/or wasabi (if using).