- 3 - egg yolks
- 80ml - pine nuts, toasted
- 2 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g - large pasta shells
- 15ml - thyme leaves
- 330ml - firm ricotta
- - salt and pepper
- 250ml - finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 125ml - basil leaves, to serve
- 2,5ml - chilli flakes
- 1l - bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 3 - medium courgettes, grated
Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a shallow 2,5-litre ovenproof dish.
1 Combine the courgettes, garlic, ricotta, ¾c of the Parmesan, pine nuts, egg yolks, thyme and chilli flakes in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Spread the pasta sauce into the prepared dish. Mix the courgette mixture with the uncooked pasta shells, then place the mixture into the prepeared dish.
3 Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, then bake for a further 15 minutes until the pasta is tender and the Parmesan is browned lightly.
4 Sprinkle the pasta with the remaining Parmesan and basil leaves and serve.