YOUR MONEY | Who can you turn to with credit problems?

Share your Subscriber Article
You have 5 articles to share every month. Send this story to a friend!
play article
Subscribers can listen to this article

“I wasn’t aware that for more than a year my bank hadn’t been deducting my credit-­card repayment from my debit-­card account. Meanwhile, my bank was deducting it from a stranger’s account who also didn’t realise this. When my bank contacted me about the payments I owed, I initially thought it was a fraudulent call. Now the bank wants me to pay back this debt, with interest. Which institution can I turn to for help?” – YOU reader

Services and the Cre­dit Ombud are independent bodies that deal with complaints in the banking and credit industry, while the National Credit Regulator (NCR) was set up by the National Credit Act.

Consumers’ complaints are treated confidentially and impartially to ensure all industry players conduct business in an ethical way.

Support independent journalism
Subscribe to News24 for just R75 per month to read all our investigative and in-depth journalism. You can cancel any time.
Already a subscriber? Sign in