A hero! Five-year-old Noah Woods recently woke up to find his bedroom on fire. The only available exit was a window.
The Bartow County Fire Department in Georgia in the US responded to a house fire on Sunday 16 February.
But when they arrived, they realised that another hero had already helped save the family living there, according to News Break
It was little Noah Woods, who got his sister and dog out of the burning home by himself before getting more help to rescue the rest of his family
"Normally our firefighters are being recognised. But we're here today to recognise one of our local heroes," Bartow County Fire Department chief Dwayne Jamison said during an event to honor Noah on Friday.
Jamison said that the fire started as a result of an overloaded electrical outlet in Noah’s bedroom. "The only way out was through a window.
“So, Noah quickly got to the window. He was able to get his two-year-old sister out, got his dog out, got himself out," he said.
The young boy then went to get his uncle next door, who helped alert the other sleeping family members in the burning house, CBS News reports.
According to 10th Floor Living, Noah is now set to receive a rare lifesavers award. He’s also being named an honorary firefighter.
Jamison told CNN, “We’ve seen children alert their families before, but for a five-year-old to be alert enough to do this, that’s pretty extraordinary.
In a GoFundMe post, Noah’s grandfather said, “By the grace of God, all nine of our loved ones were able to get out of our home. If it wasn’t for Noah, we may not [have been] here today.”