Johannesburg preschooler involved in freak playground accident finally back home

accreditation
Share your Subscriber Article
You have 5 articles to share every month. Send this story to a friend!
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
loading...
Loading, please wait...
0:00
play article
Subscribers can listen to this article
Helga Muller is elated that her son, Marno (left), is on the mend. With them is Marno’s brother Zaydin. (Photo: Onkgopotse Koloti)
Helga Muller is elated that her son, Marno (left), is on the mend. With them is Marno’s brother Zaydin. (Photo: Onkgopotse Koloti)

If there's one thing she wants to tell other parents it’s this: remove all strings from your child’s clothing.

“It doesn’t matter how much the item cost,” Helga Muller says. “Remove the strings. It could cost your child their life.”

And she should know. Her five-year-old son, Marno, nearly strangled to death when the string of his hoodie became caught in the slide he was playing on at his preschool and he spent weeks fighting for his life in hospital (YOU, 30 June).

Read this for free
Get 14 days free to read all our investigative and in-depth journalism. Thereafter you will be billed R75 per month. You can cancel anytime and if you cancel within 14 days you won't be billed.
Subscribe
Already a subscriber? Sign in
LATEST YOU
LATEST YOU
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.
Read now