14 AprYour kids are smarter than you think – here's how to talk to them about all the bad things in the world
With the Ukraine invasion raging, Covid lurking and cost-of-living pressures rising, young people are picking up anxieties from social media and school. Here's how to help them cope with what's going on.
When kids get arthritis: here’s what causes it and how to treat it
It’s called the ‘old people’s disease’ but joint inflammation in children is common. Here’s what causes it and how to treat it.
Why lockdown has made it so much easier for kids to be exposed to porn – and what you can do as a worried parent
As more kids are exposed to pornography online – sometimes accidentally – we offer advice to worried parents.
Are you making one of these 7 common parenting mistakes?
Some things that parents do with the best of intentions can actually harm their child’s self-esteem. Here are eight parenting traps to...
Where do you stand on the chore list for children that’s dividing the internet?
Cooking dinner, changing light bulbs, trimming hedges, ironing clothes . . . would you expect your tween to do these tasks? According to...
Children are often poisoned by household products — here’s what you should lock away
If your child has been poisoned, call a poison info center first.
5 brilliant safety apps that allow you to remotely control your child's cellphone
Worried that your kids are spending too much time on their phones? These parental control tools can help.
Playtime during the pandemic: how to put some of the fun back into life for your kids
Kids are returning to school but they’re having to learn restrictive new rules about social distancing – here’s advice on putting some of...
Here's how to get the kids involved with chores
Let your kids ease your load around the house – it’s good for them!
Raising resilient kids: here’s how to help your children cope with ease during the lockdown
There’s the stress of being cooped up during lockdown, the pressure of keeping up with schoolwork at home and the fear and anxiety...
Easter family fun: Creative crafts to try with your kids
Unleash creativity in your home with these simple craft and decorating ideas for kids and adults alike.
Teach your kids that trying your best is better than coming out on top
Teach children that trying your hardest is more important than always coming out on top
How to deal with an anxious child
The new school year is officially in full swing but getting back into the groove might prove a bit difficult for your little one.
Get your kids organised for the school year!
The school holiday has ended and reality is sinking in – it’s bye-bye beach, hello books.
Help your kids cope during the lockdown
Lockdown is a confusing, even distressing time for children. Here’s advice on how to tackle it whatever their age.
New report: what lockdown stress is doing to babies and toddlers
If lockdown is hard for adults just imagine what it’s like for children, especially babies and young toddlers?
How to help your matriculant cope with this crazy year
After five years of high school, what an anti-climax! How can the class of 2020 make it through these final crucial months?
‘Corona’ one of the 100 most-searched names for girls
The pandemic has had a huge impact on nearly every aspect of our lives, so it makes sense that not even choosing baby names has escaped...
Home is where the school is: Here’s everything you need to know about home-schooling
If you’ve decided not to send your child back to school this year here’s what you need to know about home-schooling.
- ‘It’s not a pretty sight’: this Pretoria family suffers from a rare disease that causes them unbearable pain and heavy swelling
- ‘It’s time for a change’: The Bachelor’s Marc Buckner on why he wants to leave South Africa
- ‘I was trapped in bed for five years’: Cape Town man who used to weigh 300kg opens up about his weight-loss journey
- Axe murderer Henri van Breda asks to be moved to notorious Joburg jail so he can be closer to his grandmother
- ‘My dad begged me to get help’: Chad le Clos on his struggle with depression
- Public Protector's office withdraws subpoenas against Kollapen, Mlambo over Abramjee text
- SA's week of reckoning: NPA flexes its muscles in blitz of high-profile arrests
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Meet African named one of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people
- BIG INTERVIEW PART 2 I John Dobson: 'The guys like that URC's rugby they can relate to'
- 'He used to go to the villages': Baloyi knows Zwane will fight tooth and nail for Chiefs success
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now