Serves 4 Preparation: 10 Min Cooking: 25 Min
200g Eskort Streaky bacon
2 large butternuts
2 red onions, quartered
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 sprigs fresh thyme
250ml (1c) cream cheese
250ml (1c) mozzarella cheese, grated
250ml (1c) soft feta
60ml (¼c) red pepper pesto
60ml (¼c) sundried tomato pesto
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Slice the butternuts in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the butternuts open side up on a greased baking sheet and fill with bacon and onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and top with thyme sprigs. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella and feta.
- Spoon the cheese mixture on top of the cooked butternuts.
- Return to the oven and grill for 7 minutes.
- Serve the butternuts with red pepper and/or sundried tomato pesto.