Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 15 Min
350g Eskort Gold Medal Pork Sausages
500ml (2c) water
15ml (1T) oil
4 large slices sourdough bread
125ml (½c) cottage cheese
125ml (½c) sundried tomatoes
500ml (2c) grated white cheese
salt and pepper
4 eggs poached or boiled
handful fresh basil
- Turn the oven onto grill.
- Place the sausages in a frying pan with the water and oil.
- Place the pan over moderate heat, cook the sausages until the water evaporates, then fry the sausages in the remaining oil on both sides until golden for 10-15 min.
- Toast the bread then spread cottage cheese on each slice.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and white cheese. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the sarmies in the oven until the cheese has melted. Once done, remove from the oven and serve with the sausages and eggs on each sarmie and garnish with the fresh basil.