Do you have thoughts you just can’t share with other moms or friends because they might think you’re a failure as a mother?
What would you share with other parents if you could do so anonymously?
Author Julia Fierro has created a Tumblr page, Parenting Confessional, where parents can place confessions anonymously.
“We all know how hard parents, especially mothers, can be on themselves. Admitting your so-called failures feels too risky in real life, as if you’re inviting others to judge your ‘success’ as a parent,” she told Huffington Post.
“My initial dream for the Parenting Confessional was that it would give parents a place to let off some steam by posting, and to remember they are not alone by reading the confessions of others.”
Some of the confessions are amusing but many deal with serious issues. Here are a few of them:
1. “Moms whose whole lives revolve around their children annoy me. They’re the moms who are at the school every day, volunteer for everything and brag about it on Facebook. Being a mom is a huge part of who I am, but I have other interests and like to talk about things other than my children sometimes. I am many things in addition to being a mom and don’t want to feel like less of a mom for it.”
2. “I love my daughter to the core, but it burns my soul that she isn’t smart.”
3. “I feel pretty confident that my husband would be able to manage the house and kids just fine without me; I feel like I could never make it without him.
4. “My husband died suddenly when our son was only three months old. Some days I feel like I would give my son up if it meant having my husband back.”
5. “When my kids were little they found my Wonder Woman costume from years before in my drawer. I explained that they had to go to sleep early because, ‘Mommy is a super hero and has to go fight crime or all the bad guys will run amok.’ Not only did it work, they were so proud that they told all their friends at school.”
6. “Most days I have a favourite child.”
7. “At my 20-week ultrasound I found out I was having a boy. I wanted a girl and thought it was a girl. I cried for four months. To this day, I wish he was a girl.”
8. “I loathe taking my kids to the park.”
9. “I love my kids. I am allergic to everyone else’s.”
10. “Tonight I made my son apologise to me – when I was the one who should’ve apologised.”
Go to parentingconfessional.tumblr.com for more confessions and information on how to post your own confession.